The Law Society of Singapore has just issued its first Council Practice Direction of the year. The message : adhere to professional conduct rules when blogging about ongoing proceedings. We reproduce the guidelines here :-
1. To act in the best interest of the client;
2. To uphold the standing of the profession;
3. To maintain confidentiality between solicitor and client;
4. To comply with the rules of professional conduct and publicity;
5. To avoid comments that may prejudice matters sub judice or that may be in contempt of Court;
6. To avoid adverse remarks on the conduct or character of the opposing party.